Most of you should know that I like to pack lunch to work or prepare quick meals straight at the shop. My lunch menu can get boring sometimes, especially after it becomes routine haha. It’s usually a chicken/fish wrap, roasted vegetables or soba salad. And the occasional hawker takeaway.
I actually love experimenting with new ingredients and dishes but sometimes I just don’t have the luxury of time so I stick to certain recipes. Recently, I decided to get creative with my lunch and used my tortilla wrap as a pizza base! I loaded it with cheese and other fresh ingredients; it was so yummy ;)
Sharing the recipe here with you guys! It’s not only simple but also really delicious, healthy & can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Perfect for gatherings with friends or family :)
I did up a chart with the real ingredients I used for easy reference! These are all my favourites but you can swop them with YOUR own favourite toppings because there is no right or wrong when it comes to making pizza ;)
I wanted a low-carb pizza since I just came back from my Bali trip and I totally pigged out on Indonesian food there oopsie. Anyway, here’s the written (more like typed-out) list:
INGREDIENTS (makes 3 pizzas)
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 yellow bell pepper
1 medium red onion
6-8 button mushrooms
6-8 cherry tomatoes
6-8 pitted olives
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon pesto
Lots of Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus cheese (because why not)
Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus is a superior blend of all my favourite cheeses for making the perfect pizza! Love that I don’t have to stock cheeses by the block because everything has been grated for me! Easy peasy, who say’s meal prep has to be stressful? ;)
In the packet, there is Mozzarella (for that cheesy stretch), Parmesan & Cheddar (for additional flavour). The bag also comes with a resealable zipper so your cheese stays fresh if you want to keep it for a longer time!
Now on to the preparation method!
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Place your tortillas on a baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mash your avocado and combine it with the pesto. This is your pizza ‘sauce’! You may adjust the taste or saltiness of your avo-pesto (I totally coined this term btw haha) base by adding more or less of it. When you’re done, spread a thin layer of your ‘sauce’ on the tortilla.
4. Next, sprinkle your first layer of Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus cheese over your avo-pesto.
5. Cut your bell peppers, zucchini, red onions, mushrooms, olives & tomatoes into thin slices. You don’t have to follow my shapes but just make sure they are thinly sliced so that they cook quickly. If they are in the oven for too long, your tortilla might become overcooked and burn as a result.
6. Evenly distribute your toppings onto your tortilla pizzas. Again, no hard and fast rules so decorate your pizza any way you like!
7. ADD. MORE. CHEESE.
8. Finally, top your pizza with some spinach leaves. Just for chio’s sake. But seriously, spinach is rich in iron so yep. Chio and healthy.
9. Next step would be to send that pretty thing into the oven and let it bake for 10-12 minutes or till the top layer of cheese turns a pretty golden brown. When unsure, USE EYE POWER. Remember to keep a close watch & not over cook your pizza!
10. Remove pizza, take a million photos of your masterpiece and show it off on social media because YOU are the MasterChef!
11. Devour it.
Oh yes forgot to mention, if you prefer something more filling like a meat-based pizza, feel free to use sausages, ham, chicken, beef, shrimp etc. Or add an egg in the middle to make a breakfast pizza! The possibilities are endless!
Pizzas are one of the most popular comfort foods and now you can easily make one in the comfort of your own home! Pun very much intended lol. As you can see from my photos above, there is not much ‘cooking’ required since most of the toppings are raw and all you need is an oven. I’m sure you can whip something up with most of the available ingredients in your fridge ;)
Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus is also conveniently available at leading supermarkets so head out, grab a bag & starting making easy lunches today!
For more delicious recipes, visit Perfect Italiano’s website at www.perfectitaliano.com.sg (putting the link here for you because I’m nice like that) because there is a freaking library of recipes for you to try out! In fact I think imma try them out myself too!
If you recreate any recipe or make your own dish, share them on Facebook or Instagram & hashtag #PerfectItalianoSG so I can go kaypoh and get some foodie inspiration too :)