One more cheesy recipe coming your way because it's never enough! ;)
I've been seeing many variations of this cheesy pull apart bread from food videos online & they always look so so so good?! And if you make this at a gathering, it will be the highlight for sure! You can actually use many different kinds of toppings or ingredients like bacon, onion, pesto, but I'm just going to make a classic version with a twist. THAT TWIST IS TRUFFLE.
It looks so good I literally want to print a photo of it and keep it in my wallet. But why look at a photo when now you can learn how to make it! ;)
1 large sourdough loaf
50g unsalted Anchor butter
3 tbsp white truffle oil
8 cloves garlic
1 stalk spring onion
Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of mixed Italian herbs
1 packet Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus
Things to know about your cheese:
Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus is a special blend of 3 main cheeses - Mozzarella, Parmesan and Cheddar. While Mozzarella is mild in flavour, it helps to give the dish the classic cheesy pizza stretch. You'll see what I mean in the later photos! The slightly saltier Parmesan and Cheddar provides extra flavour ;) What I really like about this Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus blend is that it's very versatile & suitable for different dishes; you can use it to make everyday dishes outstanding other than just pizza!
Preparing home-cooked meals will never be stressful or time-consuming again when you have these handy packets of cheese! This pull apart loaf also takes less than 10 steps and ingredients to make, it's super easy!
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius. All you need in a baking tray and 2 large pieces of foil to 'cook' this, hassle-free cooking ftw!!
2. With a serrated knife, make diagonal cuts on your loaf in both directions. Be sure not to cut too deep because you are stuffing your loaf with many many bagus. At the same time, melt your butter in a microwave. I melt mine in a porcelain bowl in the oven haha cos #lazy.
3. When you're done with the cuts, your butter should be done melting so remove it from the oven/microwave and start chopping your spring onion and garlic. We are using 8 cloves! Actually depending on the size of your loaf and how much you want to vampire-repel, you can increase or decrease the dosage of garlic HAHAHA.
4. Next, add your spring onion, garlic, herbs, salt & truffle oil into the bowl of melted butter and mix everything together!
5. Here comes the exciting part - STUFFING! If you're wondering why my cheese looks like this, I deliberately put something heavy over the packet to flatten and combine all the shreds so I can cut them into little square slices, which is easier to slot between the diagonal cuts! Genius much right?! You can pre-flatten your cheese in the refrigerator the night before ;)
When you stuff your loaf, make sure you don't miss out any gaps because duh, what you want is a CHEESY EXPLOSION. Yes make it explode with cheese. See how my little cheese squares fit so nicely into the gaps? The leftover shreds can be sprinkled on top or inserted into the smaller gaps ;)
6. After you stuff your loaf with all the cheese, use a large brush or spatula to drizzle the truffle oil & garlic mix over the loaf! Do make sure that everything is evenly distributed on top & that the oil + butter seeps into the gaps properly!
7. When you're done, wrap the loaf in foil. I used 2 separate pieces because you'll have to remove the top layer halfway! Send this baby into the oven for 9 minutes.
8. Remove the loaf from the oven after 9 minutes and remove the top layer foil. I sneaked a photo at this point and you can see the cheese has started to melt but the garlic still looks somewhat raw and the loaf is not crispy on top yet. So send it back into the over for 9 more minutes!
9. After a full 18 minutes in the oven, remove and serve immediately. This baby is now a crispy, golden brown. I can't even.
The fun part about eating this loaf is how everyone can pull at any part of the loaf at the same time! And every nook and cranny is cheesy, garlicky and full of truffle fragrance omg.
The crust is freaking crispy but the insides remain moist and fluffy!! Best of both worlds. And the Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus melts so so so beautifully.
Eb and Mahoo were at the shop with me when I baked this loaf and the 3 of us legit murdered the loaf HAHAHA. Can't stop won't stop. I've never had so much bread at one go but it was really too good. If you're still not excited to make this then I don't know what can excite you.
Oh yes guys, important thing. This is a sinfully good dish. Yes, there is quite a bit of butter and oil involved haha but don't even think of using lesser than the amount I used! I think I used the minimum already. If you don't use enough, the dish will turn out mediocre and to me, it will be such a waste! That's why I used one whole packet of Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus too. Go all the way or don't at all. Make it super cheesy!!!
Hope you like my version of the cheesy pull apart loaf! Try making your own version by adding different ingredients or herbs, I'm sure they will be equally good! Most of the ingredients from this recipe are really easy to find; Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus is conveniently available at leading supermarkets, just like the rest of the stuff. Tricky one is the truffle oil, which I had to hunt for a while before I managed to buy it from Raffles City Market Place!
Hope you enjoyed my recipe, more are available on Perfect Italiano’s website at www.perfectitaliano.com.sg where you can draw inspiration from the library of recipes! Remember if you ever recreate any recipe or make your own cheesy dish, share them on Facebook or Instagram & hashtag #PerfectItalianoSG so we can all go kaypoh! ;)