Can’t believe Christmas is happening in less than 2 months! I only realised that when we started receiving festive orders at work. Pretty excited for the end of the year because of a very obvious reason - FEASTING. What is Christmas without a good feast right ;)
For my family, we usually host our relatives over BBQ or enjoy a simple home-cooked dinner on Christmas eve. Most of the time, festive food is high is sodium, sugar and fat content, but that’s outside food for you! If you’re hosting a house party this year, here’s a recipe using Perfect Italiano Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese to create a dish that is healthy, delicious and super super festive-looking (I promise).
Since this is a Christmas dish, I chose bell peppers as my main ingredient. The green and red peppers will look so festive on your dinner table! :) Here’s how to make your very own stuffed bell peppers!
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1 Japanese cucumber
1 medium red onion
6-8 cherry tomatoes
2 small salmon fillet
200g cooked rice
Sprinkle of dill
Sprinkle of basil
50g greek yoghurt
50g Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese
50g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
Things to know about your cheese:
Perfect Italiano Parmesan Cheese has a slightly sharp flavour and savoury taste. This is because it has been matured for up to 18 months! Bet you didn’t know that ;) I love using parmesan to add flavour to my dish! On the other hand, Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese has a mild flavour, but a more stretchy nature, so it melts beautifully when cooked. Gives your dishes a super cheesy stretch :)
Preparing festive meals will never be a hassle again when you have these handy packets of cheese! The steps to making these yummy stuffed peppers are also super easy and simple, read on to find out more!
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. These peppers will be baked, no complicated pots or pans needed! ;)
2. Chop Japanese cucumber, red onion and cherry tomatoes into small cubes.
3. Remove seeds and membrane from your yellow bell peppers and cut two broad strips from the pepper. Try to find a broad and flat section because we are cutting stars out of them!
4. When you have your flat sections, place a star shaped cookie cutter on it and press down hard. If it doesn’t cut well, put a porcelain bowl over the cookie cutter and press down. You should be able to get clean cut pepper stars!
5. Stick a toothpick into each star; these will be your veggie toppers for the stuffed peppers! :)
6. If you’re wondering what happens to the scraps, don’t worry, I hate wasting food so I chopped them into small cubes for my filling as well! :)
7. Next, you need to bake your salmon fillets. I put them on parchment paper and baked them for 12 minutes until they are soft, but fully cooked. The parchment paper will help you peel off the skin easily!
8. Now you may start preparing your bell pepper ‘cups’. They will be holding the filling so slice off the top gently and remove the seeds and membrane. Remember to choose squarish and roomy ones when you are at the supermarket!
9. Next, add 50g of greek yoghurt to your salmon fillets. The yoghurt acts as your ‘sauce’ and also holds the ingredients together! Then, add a sprinkle of dill and basil to your bowl.
10. In a large bowl, mash the salmon fillets. Sort of like making tuna mayo!
11. Add the cooked rice to your bowl. I kept my cooked rice in the fridge overnight so they are not too soft and sticky to stir!
12. Now it’s time for the star ingredients! Add 50g each of Perfect Italiano Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese to your rice mix.
13. Give your mixture a good stir to mix everything well. When you’re done, it should look like this:
14. Next, scoop generous amounts of your filling into the empty bell peppers.
15. Transfer your stuffed peppers into a baking tin and cover the top with Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese! Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
Remember to serve these with your star toppers! Your guests will be so pleased to see these!
One important point to note:
I did not add any sugar or salt to my dish. I was trying to create a healthier dish by bringing out the sweetness and natural flavours of the fruits and veggies. If you prefer a hearty meal, feel free to replace greek yoghurt with ketchup or replace salmon with sausage or ham!
Again, this recipe doesn’t require much cooking so it’s really easy to prepare! Plus, the ingredients are really easy to find as well; Perfect Italiano Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese are conveniently available at leading supermarkets too!
Hope you enjoyed my recipe, more are available on Perfect Italiano’s website at www.perfectitaliano.com.sg where you can draw inspiration from the library of recipes!
Lastly if you ever recreate any recipe or make your own dish, share them on Facebook or Instagram & hashtag #PerfectItalianoSG so more people can see your yummy creations!
Hello! I am missgoob.
@missgoob on Instagram