Festive season means it’s potluck time! I don’t know about you, but my family (and extended family) usually get together over a huge feast. And it’s awesome! If you have a party to attend and don’t know what to bring, don’t worry! ;) I’m sure there’ll be lots of meat on your table, so lemme teach you how to make a salad that is sure to please!
I personally ADORE pesto, so I include it in most of my salad recipes. Since pesto is traditionally made with basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and olive oil, you don’t even have to put in that much and the flavour is already amazing!
This is a meatless pasta salad, so it’ll be awesome if you serve it with your roasted meat! Here’s the list of ingredients!
2 cups fusilli, or any other pasta that rocks your world
2 thick slices cheddar cheese
2 medium tomatoes
2 large red onions
1/2 large zucchini
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
2 tablespoons pesto
Dash of black pepper
Optional: feta, olives, baby spinach, nuts, beans
1. Boil pasta until al dente, drain & set aside in a large salad bowl. Remember not to overcook your pasta because you’ll need to toss them later. Pasta that is too soft will just be a mess to toss. Say no to soggy pasta! ;)
2. While the pasta is cooling, cut tomatoes, peppers, onions and zucchini into cubes. They shouldn’t be too big, about the width of a cooked fusilli is just fine. Add to salad bowl.
3. Slice your cheese into thin strips, then cut into small squares and add to salad bowl as well.
4. Next, toss everything together with 2 tablespoons of pesto (homemade or store-bought is fine) & some ground black pepper.
5. Chill salad in the fridge for 20 minutes or serve immediately!
It’s that easy guys. Minimal cooking but maximum delishhh. I also included optional ingredients that you can add to this salad for a more robust flavour! Feta and olives go really well together; if you prefer more vegetables, throw in some baby spinach because they are okay to eat raw too! For additional crunch, add some nuts like baked almonds, cashews or even pistachios!
Hope you try making this & enjoy it with your loved ones this holiday season! :)
This post was created as part of Blogger Guide to Xmas. For Christmas tips, sneak peeks and giveaways, hop to sg.bloggersguide.to/xmas to read more now! :)
Hello! I am missgoob.
@missgoob on Instagram